The EU-India Platform for Social Sciences and Humanities (EqUIP) is pleased to announce its first research funding call.
The call aims to bring together a number of social science and humanities funders in India and Europe to support excellent and innovative research on sustainability, equity, well-being and cultural connections. The emphasis of the research will be on Indian and European dimensions, in both contemporary and historical contexts.
With a total funding of €5.5 million, it is expected that six projects will be funded. Researchers from India, Finland, France, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom are invited to apply.
Each proposal under this call will require the building of consortia of three or more research groups based in three or more different countries participating in the call and be eligible for the funding from their national funding agencies. Every proposal must involve representation from India eligible for funding by the participating Indian funding agencies.
- EqUIP Call Specification
- EqUIP Call Specification – Annex 1 Funding organisations’ proposal submission guidance and eligibility criteria
- EqUIP Call Specification – Annex 2 Project Costs
- EqUIP JeS Guidance
How to apply
The ESRC will provide call secretariat functions for this call. This is a one-stage call. Full proposals must be made to the ESRC via the research councils’ Joint Electronic Submission (Je-S) system.
- Call for proposals opens – 6 September 2017
- Call closes – 16:00 (UK time) on Thursday 30 November 2017
- Applicants informed of the outcome of the call – Late July/August 2018
- Awards commence – January 2019
Full information on the call will be provided by the end of the summer. However if you have urgent queries please address those to the national points of contact listed below.
- Finland – Academy of Finland (AKA)
- France – Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR)
- India – Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- Norway – Research Council of Norway (RCN)
- Poland – Narodowe Centrum Nauki (NCN)
- Slovenia – Ministry of Education, Science and Sport (MIZS)
- Switzerland – Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- UK – Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- UK – Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.