Chinese Government Scholarship—WMO Program is a scholarship established by MOE for World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to sponsor international students to study and conduct research in meteorology, hydrology, and water resources supervision & management in China.
1. This program supports undergraduate students for no more than 5 years, master students for no more than 3 years, or doctoral students for no more than 4 years.
2. Duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter, cannot be extended in general.
3. Undergraduate scholarship winners must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
Students of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency must take one-year Chinese language/preparatory study and pass the required test before moving on to major studies.
4. The 2 designated universities for this program are Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology and Hohai University; the majors are limited to Meteorology, Hydrology and Water Resources Monitoring & Management.
This is a partial scholarship which covers
-a tuition waiver;
Please refer to Introduction to CGS-Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
You should apply to WMO Secretariat between January and early April.
1. Application documents of recommended candidates from WMO will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification.
Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Candidates who are turned down by universities will not be granted with the scholarship.
CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship.
Applications enclosed with Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.
3. CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Winners and sends the admission documents to WMO Secretariat before July 31st.
Each scholarship winner will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
4. WMO Secretariat will send the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the scholarship winners.
5. Scholarship winners shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship winner cannot register before the registration deadline.
Mr. Yinka R. Adebayo (WMO Secretariat)
Education and Fellowships Division
Development and Regional Activities Department
World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
Address: 7 bis, avenue de la Paix, Case postale 2300, CH 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland.
Tel: +41 22 730 8156
Fax: +41 22 730 8181
Ms. Wang Jing (CSC)
Address: Division of International Students Affairs, China Scholarship Council
Level 13, Building A3, No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue, Beijing, P. R. China.