Khazar University’s Graduate School of Economics and Business is pleased to announce a call for the MicroMasters Program in Data, Economics, and Development Policy (DEDP) offered by MIT’s Department of Economics. The program aims to foster a new generation of professionals specializing in data-driven analysis to equip them with necessary analytical tools and skills to tackle the most pressing challenges of country`s development.
20 participants will be selected to take part in this program. The selection process will include review of Resumes, Letters of Intentions, Interviews, English and Math tests.
The classes will be delivered online by MIT Professors (including Nobel Prize winners) on self-based basis and to support the students for the better comprehension of the complex theoretical and practical knowledge local professors will provide facilitation classes on a weekly basis, onsite at Khazar University.
All the costs associated with the DEDP Program will be fully covered by SOCAR and its partners in SCPC.
Applicants who are strongly interested in the design, implementation and monitoring of development programs by using data analytical tools and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- have at least a Bachelor’s degree in economics, econometrics, statistics, data analysis, mathematics, physics, engineering, finance, development or other related fields;
- English language at upper intermediate level;
- be under the age of 35.
The DEDP MicroMasters Program consists of two phases.
In the first phase, all 20 selected students will be required to undertake preparatory courses in calculus and statistics to be taught at Khazar University during September 2022.
In the second phase, starting from October 2022, the students will take 5 online courses in:
- Data Analysis for Social Scientists
- Foundations of Development Policy: Advanced Development Economics
- Designing and Running Randomized Evaluations
- Political Economy and Economic Development
- Upon successful completion of the Program, students will earn MicroMasters Program credits and certificate from MIT.
In order to apply, please submit your CV and Motivation Letter (max. 300 words) to the following email
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.