In celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Creative Commons licenses, they are excited to announce the launch of brand new Open Culture Remix Art Contest #CCSharesCulture to celebrate better sharing of cultural heritage throughout the world.
Better sharing of cultural heritage can unlock tremendous creative potential, as people remix content in new and inventive ways. The goal for #CCSharesCulture is to showcase the astonishing creativity that open access to cultural heritage can trigger. Together, we can show how open access positively impacts contemporary culture and creativity outside institutional contexts, and how it is a true engine for cultural and social development.
Participants can reuse public domain or CC BY-licensed images, paintings, photographs, drawings, etc. digitized in open collections from anywhere in the world to create, submit, and share original artworks.
- 1st place: cash award of US$1000
- 2nd place: cash award of US$500
- 3rd place: cash award of US$250
- 4th-7th: “honorable mention” – a copy of “Made with Creative Commons” signed by Lawrence Lessig, founder of Creative Commons
- 8th-10th place: “honorable mention” – a copy of “Made with Creative Commons”
- Public choice award: Creative Commons merchandise
The contest is open to everyone, aged 18 years old or older, from anywhere in the world.
Participants must have created the artworks themselves. Artworks must not have been previously recognized and/or awarded in another competition.
- Entry is free of charge.
- Create an original artwork on the theme of “Love Culture? Share Culture!” supported by a brief description telling the story behind the artwork, including how the artwork conveys your emotions and relates to the theme.
- Add a title and share a personal profile of yourself.
- By submitting an entry to the contest, you agree to the Creative Commons Open Culture Remix Art Contest Rules.
For further information, please click the "LINK TO ORIGINAL" button below.