The National Science Scholarship (PhD) is awarded to outstanding individuals who wish to pursue a rewarding career in research. Successful applicants will be funded for up to five years of your academic pursuit, which will commence after you have completed a one year of paid research attachment at an A*STAR Research Institute.
If you are an undergraduate with a passion for Computer and Information Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences or Engineering, the National Science Scholarship (PhD) is for you!
Apply for the NSS (PhD) today to advance your career in science!
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Have strong interest in a research career
- Have outstanding undergraduate results (preferably have obtained or on track to obtain a 1st Class Honour Degree or equivalent) in relevant disciplines
- Applicants who are in the last semester of their final year of undergraduate studies are welcome to apply; however, successful candidates will only be awarded the scholarship if they obtain a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent results that meet A*STAR’s requirements
- Have applied or be applying for a PhD programme at a top global university
- Successful candidates are required to undergo a one-year research attachment at an A*STAR research institute prior to their PhD studies
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to five years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Annual return airfare
- Other allowances including
- Conference allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Computer allowance
- Warm clothing and settling-in allowance
For further information, please click the "LINK TO ORIGINAL" button below.