Citizens from countries that have signed an agreement with Latvia or offer scholarships for Latvian citizens can apply for the Latvian state scholarships. T
Language of instruction at Latvian higher education institutions is mainly Latvian, however there are a few study programmes offered in English.
Applications for bachelor`s and the first level of professional higher education studies will be accepted from students who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies (at their home higher education institution or at a Latvian higher education institution, if they already have been studying in Latvia) at the moment of application (February, March 2021).
Scholarships for bachelor`s and master`s studies are granted for one academic year – a time period up to 10 months (for PhD-students – up to 11 months).
Scholarship for master`s studies in the study programmes of Latvian philology, Latvian literature, Latvian culture and Latvian history can be granted for two academic years, i.e. for the duration of master`s study programme.
If a student wants to continue her/his studies in Latvia for one more year, she/he has to re-apply for the Latvian scholarship. The Latvian scholarship can be awarded not more than for two consecutive terms to one individual.
The academic year in Latvia lasts from 1st September to 30th June.
II. Application procedure (open call 1st February 2021, deadline 1st April 2021)
An applicant has to register in the system and make a profile with a unique login and password.
*Abbreviation HEI reads as “higher education institution”After that an application form can be filled in on-line and necessary documents can be attached there as well. The system will require following documents to be uploaded:
- List of contact persons of Latvian higher education institutions
- CV Europass template: europass.cedefop.europa.eu
- Please use this study plan form:
All documents, which are not in Latvian or English, shall be translated into Latvian or English.
Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
If applicants are nominated by a competent authority of their countries – Ministry of Education, Agency for Education etc. –, they have to contact the authority and send application documents to the authority as well, if required.)
III. Financial provisions
The amount of the Latvian state scholarship for studies is:
- All study programmes in English at Latvian higher education institutions are not free of charge. The Latvian scholarship holder can use the scholarship for covering of the tuition fee or for accommodation and meals. Please take into account that the amount of the scholarship is not high enough to cover all expenses in Latvia.
- In limited numbers the host higher education institution provides the scholarship holder with a place in a students’ dormitory or a guesthouse.
- The Latvian scholarship cannot be awarded concurrently with other scholarships.
- Scholarship holders are required to make their own arrangements for insurance coverage.
- Scholarships for applicants from one country may not exceed 10% from the total grant amount for study scholarships.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.