COVID-19 and how we will continue to support green entrepreneurs across the globe
The world has been turned upside down. We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We are committed to keep supporting green entrepreneurship with all the resources available to us. Fixing climate change continues to be a priority.
We are working on solutions to keep our programme going in this new reality with safety and accessibility as our primary drivers. The most significant change is that the entire 2020 edition of our competition will be remote and executed online.
We will post updates on the way things will be set up. Please reach out to your National Lead if you have any questions about the programme in your country. In the meantime: stay safe, stay sane and keep on tackling climate change. Together we can do this.
What is ClimateLaunchpad?
ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. Our mission is to unlock the world’s cleantech potential that addresses climate change. The competition creates a stage for those ideas. ClimateLaunchpad is part of the Entrepreneurship offerings of EIT Climate-KIC.
Who are we?
We are people determined to address the negative impacts of climate change by way of innovation and invention. ClimateLaunchpad is run by a central team, located in the Netherlands, which is supported by national teams who organise the competition in their country.
Why are we passionate about ClimateLaunchpad?
Here’s the thing. We are dead serious about tackling climate change. And we’re convinced that investing in ideas and entrepreneurs is the way to go about it. A green and clean future demands thousands of innovations challenging the current business models. That’s why.
What do we do?
There are a lot of great ideas out there for improving lives and reducing emissions. Some of them remain in the idea stage, never taking the next step and becoming viable. Some of them need an extra push. They need a bit of mentoring. Some training. The benefit of experience. They need lessons from entrepreneurial failures and successes. With coaching and support, a number of ideas can become reality.
This is where we come in. The team at ClimateLaunchpad supports new cleantech startups. We do this with partners around the globe. ClimateLaunchpad offers training, coaching, and support.
Who can enter the Competition:
- Anyone with a promising cleantech idea, being a start-up, SME, researcher, student, public organisation, consultant, engineering company, a combination of these or anyone else.
- You can only enter in your own country (as defined under 3c);
- You cannot enter ClimateLaunchpad if you’ve already been accepted into EIT Climate-KIC Accelerator or have participated in ClimateLaunchpad (or the former CleanLaunchpad) with the same business idea in a previous year;
- You can only enter if:
- you have not yet started a business or your company has been incorporated for less than a year (definition: your legal entity does not exist for more than 1 year);
- you have attracted less than € 200.000 in investment (definition: no funding as a venture. Funding as a student is not counted);
- you have not yet sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms.
If you are unsure about your eligibility to enter the Competition, please contact us before submitting an entry.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: