Yunus and Youth Fellowship Program
The Y&Y Fellowship Program is designed for young early-stage social business leaders.
Early–stage startups have particular needs in order to grow. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, we encourage you to apply for the Y&Y Fellowship Program.
- Do you need help refining the combination of problems to solve, idea,s or potential customer?
- Do you need help with your go-to-market strategy and access to potential customers?
- Do you need marketing support as well as recruitment and other services associated with rapid growth?
- Do you need help building financial projections, statements, and controls?
Who are the Y&Y Fellows?
Exceptional, exclusively selected young people from a global pool of entrepreneurs starting a social business. Yunus&Youth Fellows are young social business leaders pursuing novel applications that have the potential to solve community-based problems, willing to take on the risk and effort to create positive changes in society through their initiatives. They desire to improve social well-being, developing projects with a long-term vision, creating sustainable social value.
What are the eligibility criteria?
For previous cohorts, Y&Y received applications from thousands of young leaders from all around the world, and even more, candidates are expected for the next edition.
Y&Y Fellows are selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated dedication and commitment to building a social business and solving a social issue in their community;
- Willingness to receive professional guidance and work hard to grow and develop their social business;
- Being the founder, co-founder, or having full decision-making power in the organization;
- Fluency in English;
- Generally between 18-30 years old with a few exceptions made for outstanding applicants over 30.
Special consideration for:
- Solutions that represent an advance in the way of tackling a problem to accelerate the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals;
- Ideas that integrate new technologies;
- Innovations that specifically target problems faced by any of the following groups: youth, women, ethnic/racial minorities, LGBTQ+, refugees and displaced persons or persons with disability.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: yunusandyouth.com/apply/