Ghent University's Russia Platform Short-term Fellowship Program
Ghent University’s Russia Platform
The Russia Platform welcomes applications for visiting fellows. The Russia Platform is one of the five regional platforms of Ghent University. Its ambition is to coordinate, facilitate and stimulate cooperation with Russia and knowledge about Russia in the field of education, research and service to society. The Russia Platform hosts minimum five visiting fellows every year. Awardees will spend minimum one month for a research stay at Ghent University.
The Russia Platform Fellowships are geared towards scholars who have earned their doctoral degree and who are affiliated with a Russia based higher education or research institution.
The fellowships include a grant of 2000 € for a minimum stay of one month, which is meant to cover (part of the) travel costs, housing and living expenditures. The visiting scholars will be given an office space and access to facilities (such as the library) as a Ghent University visiting scholar.
The fellowships can be taken up at any time in 2020, summer months excluded and with a preference for the period March – June. Awardees are expected to be present at Ghent University, to take part in its academic activities and to contribute to its intellectual community. Visiting scholars will give at least one lecture or seminar to fellow researchers and students. For this reason, awardees are required to have an excellent command of English.
Minimum five fellowships will be awarded in 2020:
- Minimum 2 scholarships for a research stay at one of the following faculties: Arts & Philosophy, Law & Criminology, Economics & Business Administration, Psychology & Educational Sciences, Political & Social Sciences
- Minimum 2 scholarships for a research stay at one of the following faculties: Sciences, Engineering & Architecture, Bioscience Engineering, Medicine & Health Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Minimum 1 scholarship for a research stay at any of the faculties above
How to apply
Your application should be in English, the application form includes the following sections:
- Personal information
- A cover letter, in which you indicate the mobility period and the research group you would like to be affiliated with and in which you motivate how your current and future research would benefit from a research stay at Ghent University
- A research plan (research objectives, methods and materials, a work plan for the intended visit, possible long-term cooperation plans, bibliography, …) of max. 2500 words
- A list of your five most important publications and a 250 words motivation for each of those publications, highlighting why you consider them your most important publications
- Your signature and the signature of the UGent promotor; This implies that you need to have a UGent promotor already at application stage. The online research directory can help you in finding a promotor, should there not be any links yet. You can also submit a short motivation by the UGent promotor, but this is optional
- A short CV (max 2 pages) in annex to the application form
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: