Internet and Society Fellowship 2020
THE INTERNET AND SOCIETY FELLOWSHIP IS INTERNATIONALLY FOCUSED AND OFFERS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR INNOVATIVE THINKERS WHO WISH TO ENGAGE IN THE EXCHANGE OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCES AND TO SET UP NEW INITIATIVES.
We now invite applications from early and advanced researchers with diverse backgrounds and professional experiences, who want to contribute to the range of the institute’s transdisciplinary internet research.
Based in the heart of Berlin, the HIIG provides a dynamic intellectual environment for fellows to pursue their own research interests and actively shape their stay. We invite fellows to collaborate with an international team of researchers and to participate in the activities at our institute. We offer a number of opportunities to share and discuss ideas. This includes:
- writing and publishing papers in one of our open access publications
- commenting on current developments in your field in form of HIIG blog posts
- holding presentations in one of our lunch talks
- organising expert workshops with your peers
- engaging in joint activities and projects with other fellows
For our 2020 class of fellows, we consider applicants who want to pursue topics that fall within one of our research programmes, groups or projects. Please read the information on each of the linked websites closely, and position yourself and/or your project within the programme that best suits you.
- The evolving digital society: Concepts, discourses, structures
- Data, actors, infrastructures: The Governance of data-driven innovation and cyber security
- Knowledge & Society: The change in knowledge production, organisation and transfer through digital innovation
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Understanding, informing and co-creating innovation and entrepreneurship in a rapidly changing, globally interconnected digital economy.
In case you are interested in any other research group or project at HIIG, we kindly ask you to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to consider
Time Frame: Fellowships may range from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months within the year 2020.
Costs and Allowances: Fellows may use our facilities free of charge during their stay. However, they are expected to bring their own funding from their home institution or outside grants. Fellows must take care of accommodation, insurance, childcare, and travel arrangements. In special cases, fellows can apply for a travel grant of up to 700 Euros and a visa subsidy of up to 200 Euros.
- Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) OR
- Advanced PhD, post-doctoral researcher (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is appreciated
- Research experience and a research project of your own that you want to pursue
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: