ERMA, European Regional Master's Programme in Democracy and Human Rights in South East Europe
The Global Campus South East Europe - European Regional Master’s Programme in Democracy and Human Rights in South East Europe (GC SEE / ERMA) is a one year, full time, interdisciplinary programme, lasting from November until October. Its aim is the development of democracy and human rights in South East Europe. It is a joint initiative by the University of Sarajevo, Center for Interdisciplinary Studies (CIS) and the University of Bologna, Department of Political and Social Sciences.
GC SEE/ERMA is co-financed by the European Union through the Global Campus of Human Rights and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy, via the Italian Development and Cooperation Agency (AICS), with the support of the Embassy of the Republic of Italy to Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Programme awards students with 60 ECTS and a double-degree diploma of both founding universities (UNSA and UNIBO).
ERMA is based on the long-lasting cooperation of 12 partner universities from the SEE region and Europe, under the coordination by the University of Sarajevo and the University of Bologna. Students receive diplomas from both coordinating universities after having obtained ECTS.
ERMA offers an intensive one year experience in the field of democracy and human rights studies with specific regional focus on the SEE. Recognizing that human rights are a crosscutting theme among different disciplines of study, such as political science, social sciences, law, sociology, and philosophy, ERMA nurtures strong interdisciplinary approach.
The students benefit from studying together with colleagues from all over the region, European Union and rest of the world, and have the chance to:
- Benefit full scholarships covering tuition fees, living and travel expenses
- Study in a highly international and multicultural environment
- Experience advanced learning combined with empirical workshops, exercises, and skill-building semiars
- Participate in comprehensive courses on methodology of academic research and writing
- Benefit from full academic assistance by a team of academic tutors
- Acquire working and research experience throughout the 6-week internship period in countries of the SEE
- Take part in mobility period at the University of Bologna
- Participate in the Global Campus joint activities
- Receive awards for best MA thesis; best MA defense; MA thesis publication; and 6 months internship scholarship
- Become members of the ERMA Alumni Network and the Global Campus Alumni Association
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: