Short-term EFEO Postdoctoral contracts
Call for applications 2019
The École française d'Extrême-Orient (EFEO) in Paris awards short-term postdoctoral fellowships for four to six months to outstanding early career researchers. Applicants must be French or EU nationals and have obtained a PhD following a viva voce examination held in or after 2012.
This funding is intended to enable Humanities and Social Science researchers specializing in Asian Studies to carry out work in the field or in libraries and archives. Interdisciplinary projects, and/or associating EFEO scholars and Centres are welcomed. Mobility is not required.
Duration of contract: 4-6 months
Deadline for applications: 30 November 2018
Period of funding: Between February and December 2019.
Benefits: The proposed monthly net salary is 1 500 €. Depending on the country where research is to be conducted, the EFEO may also provide support for visa applications (administrative letters) and logistics (accommodation, access to libraries, etc.).
Early researchers' responsibilities
Applicants are expected to participate in EFEO scientific activities, notably to present the results of their research in seminars or conferences organized by the EFEO. In addition, candidates are required to submit a final report within thirty days of the completion of their fellowship, which includes an abstract to be published in the EFEO's annual report, and three images relevant of their fieldwork. If research carried out in the course of the fellowship results in a publication and/or participation in academic conferences/seminars, candidates are required to mention the support of the EFEO and will provide the EFEO with a copy of relevant publications. The EFEO will not be responsible for oral or written views expressed by the candidates.
• Fellowships are offered in the fields of the Humanities and Social Sciences (Anthropology, Literature and Art Studies, History, Geography, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, etc.)
• Applicants must have obtained a PhD following a viva voce examination held in or after 2012. There is no age limit.
• Applicants must be French or EU nationals and affiliated to a French higher education and research institute or a public/private research institute based in France.
• Successful applicants must hold a bank account in France.
• Applicants should have a good command of the language(s) required to successfully complete the research project.
• The postdoctoral fellowships cannot be combined with any other full-time salaried employment
Applications must be submitted electronically (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) before November 30, 2018 (PLEASE REQUEST AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT).
Applications may be submitted in French or English.
Applications should be in PDF format (one document only) entitled « NAME Surname Candidature Postdocs EFEO 2019 », and include:
• A covering letter
• A curriculum vitae (2 pages max) accompanied by a list of publications
• A copy of the applicant's PhD diploma and thesis report (if available)
• A 3-5 page presentation of the proposed research project detailing:
- Objective and specific aims of the research project
- Detailed work program (planned schedule, locations and institutions to be visited, budget, contacts)
• A letter of recommendation
Incomplete applications or applications that do not comply with the above description will be rejected.
Applications will be evaluated by a selection committee and results will be communicated by 31 January 2019.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.