Conf/CfP - Eurasian Politics & Society: Diplomatic Representation of Cities, 23-24 April 2018, Turkey
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 01, 2018
Registration Deadline for Presenters: March 20, 2018
This international and interdisciplinary conference will again bring together a range of academics and practitioners to discuss new directions of research and discovery on Eurasian Studies. IEPAS2018 will afford the opportunity for networking new relationships, hearing the latest research, presenting and publishing before a global audience and experiencing Turkey.
IEPAS2018 Conference Topics and Streams
“Diplomatic Representation of Cities”
- Turkey in Eurasia
- Turkic Countries
- Geopolitics of Eurasia
- Energy Politics and Energy Security of Eurasia
- Globalisation in Eurasia
- Regions and Regionalism in Eurasia
- Islamic Movements in Eurasia
- Democracy in Eurasia
- Civilisation & Diplomacy in Eurasia
- Modernization in Eurasia
- Migration in Eurasia
- Terrorism and Eurasia
- Cultural Diplomacy in Eurasia
- Eurasia in World Politics
- Historical Perspectives to Eurasia
- Major and Regional Powers in Eurasia
- The Socio-Economic Structure and Future of Eurasia
- Conflicts and Conflict Resolution in Eurasia
And relevant subjects…
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- The paper/session/panel title
- A Short abstract including methodology, main assumptions and conclusions of paper (500 words maximum)
- Up to 6 keywords should be used
- Author/participant name(s) and institutional affiliations
- A one paragraph biographical statement of each participant (not a detailed CV)
- Author/participant e-mail addresses (essential), telephone and fax numbers
- Any audio-visual equipment requests (if applicable)
To organise a panel, you will need to:
- Submit a 500-word proposal
- Solicit contributors and evaluate submissions under your panel once your proposal is approved
- Arrange the panel: find a chair, consider the need for special funding of participants and maintain communication with the conference team.
- Panel session will be 90 minutes and group three to five papers together around a common theme, making use of a discussant and allowing ample time for interaction.
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDE
- Participants are required to submit completed original research papers to the conference.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in electronic format to iepas [at] cesran.org
- Manuscripts submitted to IEPAS should be original contributions and should not be under consideration for any other publication at the same time.
- Manuscripts submitted for consideration of publication (see the section below) are subject to preliminary editorial review and blind-review. The Editors and referees use three-step guidelines in assessing submissions:a) Literary quality: writing style, usage of the language, organization of the text, b) Use of references: referencing, sources, relationships of the footnotes to the text, c) Scholarship quality: depth of the research, quality, contribution originality, and plausibility of the argument. Upon the referees’ decision, the papers will be published in an edited book, in journals of CESRAN International.
- Manuscripts should be one space throughout and typed in English on single sides of A4 paper. Pages should be numbered consecutively.
- Manuscripts should be arranged in the following order of presentation: First sheet: title, subtitle (if any), author(s), name(s), affiliation, full postal address, telephone and fax numbers. Subsequent sheets: main body of text, list of references and footnotes, appendices, tables.
- Manuscripts, as a rule, should not exceed 10.000 words, not including footnotes.
- Authors are responsible for ensuring that their papers conform to the IEPAS style.
- Titles in the article should be 12 points, bold and in uppercase form.
- Each manuscript should be summarized in an abstract, which should describe the main arguments and conclusions of the manuscripts. And also, each manuscript should include up to five keywords.
- Notes should be numbered consecutively throughout the article and indicated in the text by a raised numeral, referring to the list of notes, which should be placed at the end of the article. Notes should be kept to a minimum. References to books should give the author’s surname preceded by the initial letters of his/her forename, the title of the book should be in italics, and the place, publisher and year of publication should follow in brackets. References to articles should give the author’s forename and surname, the title of the article in single quotation marks, the name of publication underlined the number of volume in Arabic numerals, the year of publication in brackets and the page numbers. Subsequent references to a book or article may be made only the author’s name.
- Tables and figures should be embedded in the text. A short descriptive title should appear above each table with a clear legend and any footnotes suitably identified below. All units must be included. Figures should be completely labeled, taking into account necessary reduction.
Registration Fee Waivers for young researchers are available. Please indicate your interest for a registration fee waiver when submitting your abstract. The registration fee waivers will be distributed at the discretion of the scientific organisers during the abstract review. If you are awarded a registration fee waiver you will be notified after the abstract review has been completed and asked to confirm your acceptance. This is usually one or two months before the conference start date. Under these circumstances, you would not be requested to pay the registration fee for the course.
Registration fee includes
Lunches and refreshments.
Admittance to all two days of the conference, including all sessions, all evening plenaries, and all evening receptions.
Your paper may be published in a peer-reviewed international edited book or in CESRAN International journals.
Printed conference program
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.