OKP and MSP Scholarships - The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs 2018, The Netherlands
OKP (formerly known as NFP) and MSP scholarships
You can apply twice a year during an 'application window' to see if you are eligible for a OKP or MSP scholarship. There are many more applications than there are scholarships available. Therefore, it is important that you meet all of the RNTC criteria as well as the Nuffic criteria, which you can find at the bottom of this page.
How to apply for an OKP/MSP Scholarship
You will need to apply online (applications by post are not possible). To apply for an OKP (formerly known as NFP) or MSP fellowship you need to take the following steps:
- First apply to RNTC to check that you are eligible for the course you would like to do. You can apply for a course by selecting a course. Make clear in your application to RNTC that you are intending to apply for an OKP or MSP fellowship. The option is included in the RNTC application form (only available for 'OKP' and 'MSP' courses before the OKP/MSP deadline).
- Once you have submitted your application, RNTC will inform you by email whether you are eligible or not (usually within 10 working days).
- If you are eligible for the course, RNTC will send you a link by email to apply for a OKP or MSP fellowship in ATLAS; the online system for your OKP or MSP scholarship application.
- Then apply for an OKP or MSP fellowship. Please note that your OKP or MSP application has to be completed and submitted in one go! Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make changes or additions.
- If you are eligible according to RNTC and you meet the OKP or MSP criteria, you can apply for a scholarship in the Nuffic system which is called ATLAS. Note that you can only apply for a scholarship for your chosen course during the application window for that course. There are two of these windows every year.
- Before applying for a OKP or MSP scholarship, make sure you have all the documents mentioned below ready. This is because your application has to be completed and submitted in one go. Please use the formats provided by Nuffic and submit all the required documents EXACTLY as specified. Otherwise, your application will be rejected by Nuffic! The file format should be PDF and your document must not exceed 2 MB.
- Copy of a valid passport. The passport needs to be still valid at least three months after the submission date of the registration form.
- A Letter of motivation. Have this prepared so you can copy/paste it into the online application form. This can be more or less the same motivation as you prepared for your RNTC application. This motivation will weigh heavily in the selection procedure. Make sure you address the following questions:
- What is the issue or problem you want to address in your country?
- How will this course enable you to address this issue?
- How will you address this issue considering your position within your organisation?
If you are certain that you are eligible for an OKP or MSP scholarship and you have collected all the necessary information and documentation, you can start with your application in Nuffic's ATLAS online application system using the online application form link that was sent to you.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.