Uni:docs Fellowship Programme for Doctoral Candidates
The uni:docs fellowship programme offers individual scholarships which aim at financing excellent doctoral candidates. Successful fellows will be employed at the University of Vienna for a period of three years. The fellowship will provide outstanding early stage researchers with conditions that allow them to focus exclusively on their research and thus make substantial contributions to science.
Target group: Highly qualified (prospective) doctoral candidates at the University of Vienna.
Application deadline: 31 October 2017 till 19 January 2018 (15:00 pm)
Please note: Applicants need a supervisor at the University of Vienna, who agrees to support the application. Supervision has to be clarified before the submission.
- The fellowship programme is open to doctoral candidates of all disciplines.
- Applicants need not necessarily already be enrolled as PhD candidates at the time of application.
Already enrolled applicants:
If the applicant is already enrolled as a PhD candidate at the University of Vienna, the admission has to have occurred no earlier than the summer semester 2016.
Not yet enrolled applicants:
If the applicant is not yet enrolled as a PhD candidate at the University of Vienna, the admission needs to take place before October 2018.
- If funding of a duration of at least 2 years has been granted from elsewhere (e.g. ÖAW-DOC scholarship, or an employment at the university), then it is not possible to apply for the uni:docs scholarship.
- The funding of part-time dissertations is not possible. Additional employment which is not clearly related to research is also not possible.
- Applicants need a supervisor at the University of Vienna who is working in the field of the planned thesis and is officially authorized to supervise doctoral candidates. In addition, the supervisor needs to be employed at the University of Vienna at the time of submission, but latest at the time of the start of the uni:doc position to at least 50% employment, at least until the end of September 2020. At the time of their application, applicants already have to be accepted by this supervisor as PhD candidate. The supervisor will be request to fill out an online statement about the candidate and his/her dissertation project in order to complete the application process.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.