About the program
The deadline for applying for SI scholarships for PhD studies and postdoctoral research for the academic year 2016/2017 has passed. The results will be announced via email by the end of May 2016.
Next call will be at the end of 2016 for PhD studies and postdoctoral research for the academic year 2017/2018. The eligibility criteria as well as the application procedure and key dates may differ from this year.
The aim of the Visby Programme is to build an integrated, knowledge-based and research-intense region, centered on the Baltic Sea while also including EU Eastern Partnership countries and Russia.
The Visby Programme is open to citizens of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. The objective is to strengthen co-operation and network-building between those countries and Sweden in fields such as higher education and research.
Who is eligible?
The programme provides PhD students and postdoctoral researchers with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities within all fields of study. Candidates belonging to any of the following categories may apply:
- PhD student, applying for a part of his/her ongoing PhD studies to be carried out in Sweden (12 months maximum).
- Postdoctoral researcher, with priority given to holders of a PhD degree from 2011 or later (12 months maximum).
- Senior scientist – holders of a PhD degree obtained before 2011 (6 months maximum).
A scholarship cannot be granted for an applicant who:
- has already lived in Sweden for two or more years when the scholarship period is due to begin
- already has a Swedish permanent residence permit
- has a Swedish work permit and is not an EU citizen
- is applying for a scholarship at PhD level but is not enrolled in ongoing PhD studies outside of Sweden
- is applying for a scholarship at postdoctoral level, but does not hold a PhD degree
- has already been awarded three or more scholarships/grants from SI.
Application procedure and key dates
Please read the instructions and complete the application enclosures on the official website, before entering the online application form.
The scholarship application call for the academic year 2016/2017 is open from Monday 2 November 2015 to Saturday 16 January 2016, 24:00 CET.
Scholarship offers will be sent to successful candidates by the end of May 2016 at the latest, and candidates are required to respond to the offer within 14 days. Please note that all decisions are sent by email only.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
For more information click "Further official information" below.