For new PhD scholars of exceptional quality to work on research projects aligned with UNSW’s ten year strategy. These prestigious scholarships offer unique benefits, individualised support and guaranteed funding to reach your personal development goals.
The UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarship Scheme is part of our dedication to harnessing our cutting-edge research to solve complex problems and improve the lives of people in local and global communities. Scientia scholars will have a strong commitment to making a difference in the world with demonstrated potential for contributing to the social engagement and/or global impact pillars of the UNSW 2025 Strategy. The Scientia Scheme is targeted in that applicants will apply to a specific research area with an identified supervisory team and application is by nomination.
- Work on high quality research projects with the best supervisory teams in world class environments
- $40K a year stipend for four years
- Tuition fees covered for the full 4 year period
- Coaching and mentoring will form a critical part of your highly personalised leadership development plan
- Up to $10k each year to build your career and support your international research collaborations
- At least 5 of these scholarships will be reserved for Indigenous research candidates.
There are 9 strategic research areas supported by the Scheme with a wide range of projects. Browse through them to discover the project for you and then when you have found the project and team you would like to work with, click apply and you will be able to express your interest with the primary supervisor. If you and the supervisory team match up well, the team will nominate you and you will be invited to submit a full application for consideration.
Deadline for applicants to contact supervisors is 21 July.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: