University of Twente Master Scholarship
The University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
The UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students.
€ 6,000 - € 25,000 for one year (approximately 30 scholarships available).
If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
For an overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees), click here.
Attend the opening of the academic year together with VIPs from the University
Become one of the most promising UT students
Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honours programmes: Research honours, Design honours, or Change leaders.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
In order to be eligible for a UTS scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below.
- Your programme starts in September 2016;
- For this application round, you have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the above mentioned UT graduate programmes before 15 December 2015;
- You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words), this motivation letter explains):
What you have studied in the past;
What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
How you plan to receive this goal;
Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
- You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
TWO-YEAR STUDY PROGRAMME
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
You must have obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- 90% of European Credits before start of the second year programme
If you meet all the above requirements, click here to start the application process for the University Twente Scholarship.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: