Chancellor's Masters Scholarship (2017)
The University is delighted to offer up to 100 £5,000 Masters scholarships to attract the most talented students to study at Sussex. The scholarships are available on a competitive basis to UK, EU and non-EU students who have accepted a full-time place on a Masters course at Sussex in 2017 and who have, or who expect to achieve, a first-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK higher education institution or who have, or who expect to achieve, the equivalent of an undergraduate honours degree with the highest grades from a university within the European Union.
- All applicants (UK, EU and non-EU) who either hold or expect to achieve a first-class undergraduate honours degree from any UK higher education institution or who hold or expect to achieve an excellent undergraduate degree from a university within the European Union (see attached table for criteria) are eligible;
- You must apply for an eligible Masters course (see list below) and receive and accept an offer by 1 August 2017 (applications received after 1 August may be considered if all available awards have not been allocated);
- You must meet all the University's general entrance requirements.
Eligible Masters courses
All full-time taught Masters degree courses at the University of Sussex are eligible (e.g. MA, MSc, LLM) excluding the following courses:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including Common Professional Examination (CPE), Law and Economics)
- LLM in Corruption, Law and Governance (delivered in Qatar)
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a bursary)
- PGCE courses and schools direct teaching courses
- MA degrees in IDS apart from MA Gender and Development
- Masters degrees at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School (However, joint Masters degrees and the joint PG Diploma in Physician Associate Studies are eligible)
- In addition, masters students funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding) are not eligible.
You should apply online for an eligible full-time Masters course via the University's postgraduate application system in time to receive an offer of a place by 1 August 2017 (applications received after 1 August may be considered if all available awards have not been allocated).
You should complete the Chancellor's Masters Scholarship application form by 1 August. We cannot consider the scholarship application until an offer has been received and accepted for an eligible Masters course.
If you are still studying for your degree you do not need to wait for your final classification before applying. Applications will be considered on the strength of current performance and, if successful, the award of the scholarship can be made conditional upon you achieving the required degree classification later in the summer.
Selection for a scholarship
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of previous or current academic performance and future potential. The selectors will pay careful attention to the information you provide in the Scholarship application form.
The application deadline is 1st August 2017.
Scholarships will be awarded in a number of separate rounds in April, June and August and successful applicants will be notified after each round. If you are not immediately successful in being awarded a scholarship, but meet the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be re-considered in the following allocation round alongside any new applications. The final allocation will be after the August deadline, with all remaining decisions notified then.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: