POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP YEAR 2018
The international Centre for Comparative Criminology (CICC) at the University of Montreal is offering a salary of $ 32 825 CAD per year to the postdoctoral fellow choosen, plus social benefits (holidays, possibility of contributing to the voluntary retirement savings scheme, 3% of the annual salary in compensation for collective insurances, etc.). The project submitted in the application should be related to one of the CICC research themes and the applicant should be ready to assume responsibilities related to more general activities in our research centre.
- You must hold a PhD degree before starting the postdoctoral research and for no more than three years prior to the proposed starting date of the fellowship;
- You must be supervised by a regular researcher from the CICC. The researcher must formally agree to supervise the candidate in the postdoctoral research and will guarantee the feasibility of the project. Therefore, the first step is to contact a researcher from the CICC to elaborate a project that could be realized within a 12 months period.
- You must have completed University studies in a field relevant or related to criminology: Anthropology, forensics, law, history, psychiatry, psycho-education, psychology, political science, sociology, applied social sciences statistics, and social work are the principal related fields;
- Master French or English. You must be able to write scientific papers, either in French or English;
- Priority will be given to candidates from other universities;
- The postdoctoral fellow will take place from January to December 2018 (35h/week).
Your application can be written in English
- The research project (three pages maximum) should detail the following : 1. Issue, 2. Objectives, 3. Methodology, 4. Schedule, 5. References, 6. The statement of motivations to carry out his project at CICC;
- A curriculum vitae outlining your main achievements;
- A schedule of achievements for the duration of the fellowship;
- A reference letter from the reasearch director. Please send us the original signed letter by postal mail;
- A transcript of marks.
- You engage to write a maximum of 10 pages report, summarizing the benefits of the research (this report will be on our website) at the end of your fellowship.
- The academic excellence and the ability in search;
- The insertion of the project in practice field.
The candidate must submit the application to the CICC before July, 15, 2017.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: