Sochon Foundation Scholarship
Deadline: 2 April 2020
The Sochon Foundation has generously provided SOAS with scholarships for students undertaking a full-time post-graduate programmes in Korean Studies. The total budget available is a maximum of £6000 for 2020-21. The value of each bursary is up to £6,000 for students classified as Overseas for fee purposes and up to £3,000 for students classified as Home/EU for fee purposes.
Important information for MPhil/PhD candidates and two-year MA programme applicants.
The scholarship is for one year only. For candidates undertaking an MPhil/PhD programme or a two-year MA programme, the scholarship is not renewable.
The Sochon Foundation Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other scholarships. However, please be aware that all financial support secured before 2 April 2020 must be declared in your application. Any awards held will be taken into consideration on assessment of financial need.
Below are the eligible full time programmes (new admissions, starting in September 2020):
- MA Korean Studies and Intensive Language (Korean)
- MA History of Art and Archaeology of East Asia and Intensive Language (Korean). N.B. 90 credits (i.e. 60 credit dissertation plus 30 others, of the non-language component) should be in Korea-related subjects.
- MA History of Art and Archaeology (Korean). N.B. 75 credits (ie. 60 credit dissertation plus 15 credits on Korean art history)
- MA History and Intensive Language (Korean). N.B. 90 credits (i.e. 60 credit dissertation plus 30 others, of the non-language component) should be in Korea-related subjects.
- MA Korean Studies
- Research Degrees (MPhil/PhD) in Japanese and Korean Studies
- Part-time programmes are not eligible
- Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants. Priority will be given to Overseas applicants.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to the degree programme by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2020. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Candidates will be assessed on a combination of financial need and academic merit by a selection panel consisting of three academic members from the Centre of Korean Studies
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: