Traineeships for university graduates (called Robert Schuman traineeships)
Traineeships for university graduates are intended to enable trainees to build on the knowledge they acquired during their studies and to familiarise themselves with the activities of the European Union and, in particular, the European Parliament.
Three types of traineeships are available:
- the general option, open to any candidate who meets the criteria.
- the journalism option: candidates must provide proof of professional experience, as evidenced either by works published, or by membership of an association of journalists in an EU Member State, or by a qualification in journalism recognised in the EU Member States or in the applicant countries.
- the Sakharov Prize option: This traineeship programme aims to enhance trainees' knowledge of the European Parliament's human rights work and international human rights standards. It is aimed at candidates with a particular interest in human rights.
- We advise you to read carefully the ‘Internal Rules governing traineeships and study visits in the Secretariat of the European Parliament’ and the Frequently Asked Questions before filling in the application form.
- You have 30 minutes to complete each page of the form. Please note that if you leave your application form inactive for 30 minutes, the data you have entered will be lost.
- We advise you not to wait until the last day to apply, as a large number of last-minute applications could overload the system.
- Candidates with a disability must take careful note of the conditions which apply to them.
- The application cannot be modified online. It must be completed and sent in one step. After filling in your application, please make sure that it is correct and complete before submitting it.
- Please note that any incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
- Once you have confirmed/sent your online application, you will automatically receive a confirmation message sent to your email address. The message contains a confirmation number, which you should quote in all future correspondence concerning the traineeship, and the summary of your application in pdf format, a paper version of which will be requested if we offer you a traineeship.