- SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2015/16, studying BA Persian.
- SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2015/16, studying BA Persian and another subject.
- Full-time or part-time MA Iranian Studies starting in 2015/16.
- Full-time MPhil PhD (new admissions only, starting in September 2015) in the following subject areas: Persian Language, Persian Literature, Iranian History starting in 2015/16.
- Applicants for the BA scholarships must expect to be awarded a first class Honours Degree. Applicants who expect an upper second class degree may also apply, but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MA Scholarships must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a 2.1 may also apply but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must possess or expect to be awarded a masters degree with a mark of Distinction from a UK university. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a mark of merit may also apply but will not be given preference.
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas fee-paying full time students.
- In order to be considered for the MPhil/PhD & MA scholarships, applicants must have an offer of admission to a Research programme or to the MA Iranian Studies at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2015. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment will be based on the information in your application. Selectors will be looking at degree results, academic references, statement of intent and full research proposal (for MPhil/PhD applicants), and other relevant information.
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17.00 (UK local time) on 1 May 2015.
- In order to be considered for the MPhil/PhD & MA scholarships, you must ALSO submit a complete online application to your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should prepare to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: