JSPS London Call for the Short Term Pre/Post-doctoral Fellowship for Foreign Researchers (last call for FY2017)
This Programme provides the opportunity for short-term visits for pre- and post-doctoral UK researchers and researchers from Europe, North America and Canada based in the UK to conduct cooperative research with leading research groups at Japanese Universities and Institutions. The Programme is designed to provide researchers with first-hand experience of the research and living environment in Japan, whilst expanding academic exchange between Japan and the United Kingdom. Researchers from all fields of sciences including humanities and social sciences are eligible to apply. Awards will cover visits of 1 to 12 months.
Only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply through the JSPS London Office:
- All European Union countries (as of 1st April 2015) as well as Switzerland and Norway
- USA and Canada
Nationals of other countries may be eligible to apply for funding through JSPS Tokyo Headquarters. Please also note that there are different eligibility criteria for PhD student applicants and Post-doctoral applicants and your status at the time of your proposed tenure start date determines which eligibility criteria is applicable to you.
Please ensure that you enclose the following in your application package and that they are placed in the order given below (NB: the application will be considered incomplete until all relevant documents are submitted):
- Completed Abstract Form
- Completed Subject Area form
- Signed and completed Application Form
- Invitation letter from host institution
- Evidence of correspondence with the host researcher in Japan
- Photocopy of photo page of passport
- Photocopy of UK visa (if applicable).
- Photocopy of PhD Certificate (if applicable). If it is not already written in English, please provide a translation.
- 2 References in separate, signed and sealed envelopes
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.