North Atlantic Treaty Organization Internship Programme
The NATO Defense College Internship Programme aims to provide a small number of current students or recent graduates (degree obtained no longer than 12 months ago) with the opportunity to “intern” with the NDC in Rome.
Candidates studying Political Science, International Relations, Security Studies, Media Studies, Journalism, or related studies are invited to apply.
Internships will, in principle, last 5 months, and a total of 4 candidates will be selected.
The NATO Defense College Internship Programme has three main objectives:
- To provide interns with an opportunity to learn from the NATO community and get a better understanding and a more balanced view of the organization.
- To contribute to creating a more diverse workforce.
- To expand understanding of NATO in Alliance countries.
What does NATO Defense College offer?
Interns will benefit by experiencing an international organization from the inside while substantiating their curriculum vitae.
Internships are offered in the following areas:
- Research Division (RD).
- Academic Operations Division (AOD).
- Curriculum Planning Branch (CPB).
- Public Affairs Office (PAO).
Interns will receive a lump sum of 800 EUR per month. The payment is not exempt from taxation by the candidate's original country.
Interns must have health insurance cover, and will be required to sign a certificate confirming such cover.
Interns will keep the same hours of work and have the same official public holidays as other NDC staff members. After three months of service interns shall be entitled to leave (including sick leave) at the rate of 2.5 days for every month of service completed. Any accumulated untaken leave will not be paid.
At the end of the internship, the Hosting Division/Branch will provide the intern with certification, which will include an evaluation of his/her work.
Interns are required to comply with the necessary formalities with the Italian authorities regarding their stay in Italy, such as VISA and Residence Permit (Permesso di soggiorno – approx. € 200.-).
Current students and recent graduates with:
- Age: Candidates must be at least 21 and not older than 30 years at the time of internship.
- Nationality: Nationals of a NATO member state.
- Studies: Current students (at least two years of university study) or recent graduates (degree obtained no longer than 12 months ago).
- Languages: Proficiency in English; desirable working knowledge of French.
All interns will require a security clearance from their national authorities prior to working at NATO. The procedure will be initiated as soon as the candidate has been selected.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must send:
- - Internship application form: ENG
- - Curriculum Vitae
- - One-page motivational essay
Please note that the number of applications submitted to the NDC makes it possible for us to contact only short-listed candidates.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: