About the National Space Club and Foundation | Selection Criteria
Provided to a high school senior, undergraduate or graduate student with definite plans to pursue a career in the Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) fields.
Since 2013, The National Space Club and Foundation has offered the opportunity for a student to give the keynote address at the National Space Club and Foundation's annual Goddard Memorial Dinner, one of the space industry's most prestigious gatherings. The student must intend to pursue a career in the Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) fields, be academically strong and excel in public speaking.
In addition to speaking at the Goddard Memorial Dinner, the individual selected will also receive a scholarship, in the amount of $10,000. This scholarship is awarded to a U.S. citizen, and is open to seniors in High School through graduate students studying at an accredited educational institution in the United States, who has definite plans to pursue a career in the STEM fields.
Once you're received your login information: Edit Application
If you have forgotten your login password, complete the first page of the online application again (see below), and you will be prompted to receive your login credentials again.
- Completed application and video must be uploaded to the National Space Club and Foundation website by December 2, 2016.
- If chosen to continue, the recipient must be available to speak with the NSCF executive committee for a live audition via Skype on January 13, 2017.
- The recipient must be available to speak at the 2017 Goddard Memorial Dinner on March 10, 2017. Travel and lodging for the recipient and one guest will be provided by the National Space Club and Foundation.
- Scholarship check will be provided to the college or university made payable to the applicable college or university no later than June 1, 2017.
- Non-recipients will not be notified. Applicants may check www.spaceclub.org for announcement of the scholarship winner.
To apply, you must complete the online application.
To find the online application link, please click on the "Further official information" below.