Master Degree & PhD scholarship programmes 2017-2018 for Ghanaian students
Within the framework of academic cooperation between France and Ghana, the French Embassy in Accra offers scholarships to Ghanaian students at Master and PhD levels for academic year 2017-2018.
Description and benefits of the scholarship programmes
For Master’s applicants:
Duration and benefits
• 24 months of scholarship including:
o 2 return tickets to France
o Free Visa
o Free university basic registration fees
o Health insurance
o Living allowance of 440 Euros/month*
(*Selected candidates will have to provide additional revenues of a minimum of 330 Euros/month – about 1422 GHC/month from a private source of funding, or personal revenues)
Mastery of French:
French proficiency is not a compulsory condition for application.
• For Master’s Degrees, non-francophone students can apply to a wide-range of Programmes taught in English by various French Universities.
• For PhDs, students can do their research and write their thesis in English.
Nonetheless, mastering of French language is an asset.
How to apply
Applications must be sent to the Institut Français at the French Embassy in Ghana, Presidential Drive – PO BOX 187 ACCRA
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to applicants by e-mail.
Please note that applications sent by e-mail are not accepted
Deadline: Friday 17th March, 2017 – 12.30 pm
- Application form to be downloaded and completed
- Copy of full academic transcripts and certificates
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of birth certificate
- Proof of registration or pre-registration with a French university
- Description of the Research subject – 1 page (for PhDs candidates)
- Cover letter
- Reference letter from your Ghanaian University
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.