Ministry of Education and Science of The Republic of Macedonia announces this Call for Applications for full undergraduate scholarships, for the academic 2015/2016, at the University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle” in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia (www.uist.edu.mk)
The scholarships are available to outstanding students, not older than 22 years old whowish to pursue undergraduate studies in one of the following programmes:
(1) Faculty of Communication Networks and Security (CNS);
(2) Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE);
(3) Faculty of Information Systems, Visualization, Multimedia and Animation (ISVMA);
(4) Faculty of Information and Communication Science (ICS)
(5) Study Program of Digital Business Informatics (DBI)
(6) Faculty of Applied IT, Machine Intelligence and Robotics (AITMIR) and
(7) Study Program of E-Government, E-Business and E-Culture.
One full scholarship will be awarded to a candidate from each of the eligible countries: Republic of Azerbaijan, People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, Republic of Angola, Republic of Armenia, United Arab Emirates, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federative Republic of Brazil, Republic of Burundi, Republic of Cameroon, People's Republic of China, Republic of Croatia, Czech Republic, Arab Republic of Egypt, Republic of Estonia, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Gabonese Republic, Republic of Ghana, Georgia, State of Israel, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Kazakhstan, State of Kuwait, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Republic of Latvia, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Lithuania, Malaysia, Kingdom of Morocco, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Republic of Namibia, Sultanate of Oman, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, State of Palestine, Portuguese Republic, Republic of Poland, State of Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Slovak Republic, Republic of Slovenia, Kingdom of Spain, Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, United States of America, Kingdom of Thailand, United Republic of Tanzania, Tunisian Republic, Republic of Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Republic of Hungary, Zambia and Organization of American States.
· Official document certifying the candidate has no criminal convictions and is not under criminal investigation at the moment of application. Candidates should note that with the exception to some countries, these are two separate documents;
· Official general medical report, including medical tests for HIV and Hepatitis C;
· An electronic copy of the Passport which must be valid for the next 4 calendar years;
· In addition, as part of the application, the candidates are required to summit contact details from two academic professors/teachers, who will provide letters of recommendation for the candidate. The candidates are advised to notify the professors ahead of time, in order for the references to be submitted within the application deadline. Both letters are confidential. In case they are sent as hard copy documents, they must be sent in a sealed envelope, signed by the originator of the reference across the seal.
All submitted documents must be in English or certified translations in English.
Candidates should submit their application together with all supporting documents to the following address:
Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia
Saints Cyril and Methodius Street, No.54
Republic of Macedonia
- Applicants who have not completed their high school education by May 1, 2015 may receive a conditional offer for admission pending their high school diploma. Successful applicants must finalise their high school studies and submit their transcript and diploma no later than July 31, 2015;
- The selection process will be implemented by a five-member committee appointed by the Minister for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia;
- Successful applicants will sign a contract with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia. The contract will stipulate that the scholarship provides funds for the first academic year and subsequently for the rest of the three years of the undergraduate studies, provided that the student ends the first year of studies with satisfactory success rate;
- The students are encouraged to return to their home country after the completion of their studies;
- Official language of the programmes is English and courses are held by distinguished local and international lecturers;
- Programme Outline and Course Overview are included in the annexes of this Call and are available on the website of the University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle”: www.uist.edu.mk/Academics/Bachelors;
- Additional information regarding the University and the programmes is available on the website of the University of Information Science and Technology “Saint Paul the Apostle”: http://www.uist.edu.mk.
- General information about the City of Ohrid, the UNSECO protected city that hosts the University can be found at:http://www.exploringmacedonia.com, www.ohrid.com.mk, www.ohrid.gov.mk.