Maastricht University Holland-High Potential scholarship
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Who is eligible?
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University which is participating in this scholarship programm
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme, a primary education programme, or secondary education programme in the Netherlands. Students who completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not over 35 years of age on 1 September 2018.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2018/19 scholarship programme applicants.
Duration of the Holland-High Potential scholarship
- 13 months for a one-year master's programme
- 25 months for a two-year master's programme
Step 1: The UM Scholarship Office checks that all applications are complete.
Step 2: The Scholarship Office sends all complete applications to each Faculty by 5 February 2018.
Step 3: Each Faculty selects and ranks their top 5% of Scholarship applicants and sends these to the UM Scholarship Taskforce for a final check by 2 March 2018.
Step 4: The UM Scholarship Taskforce confirms the Faculty selections by 15 March 2018.
Step 5: The UM Scholarship Taskforce will inform all candidates of their application status by 20 March 2018. Your status will be selected, waitlisted until 1 May 2018 at the latest, or rejected. Waitlisted application statuses will be finalised as selected or rejected by 1 May 2018. Scholarship awardees will receive more information about the Pre-Academic Training programme and arrival in Maastricht upon receiving their award letters. The UM Pre-Academic Training is a three-week mandatory component of the UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme. The Pre-Academic Training takes place in August.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: