The Polish-American Freedom Foundation and the Leaders of Change Foundation announce an open competition for candidates from Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, as well as Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyz Republic for THE LANE KIRKLAND SCHOLARSHIPS in Poland in the 2017-18 academic year.
The Program is addressed to young leaders, holding MA university degrees, who are determined to be actively involved in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and the region. The program includes two semesters of study at Polish universities and 2-4 week professional internships in public and private institutions.
The candidates who are planning to return to their countries of origin after the scholarship program for the purpose of implementing the newly acquired knowledge therein are welcome to submit their applications. Our Program’s philosophy is based on the mutual respect, regardless of the country of origin.
- Economics and Management
- Administration / Management (i.e. business, NGOs, culture, environment protection and healthcare, education)
- Public Administration (Central and Local Government Administration)
- Social Sciences (Social Psychology, Sociology)
- Political Science and International Relations
- Development Policy and Humanitarian Aid
Diploma thesis shall be of theoretical or practical character (in the latter case theoretical introduction will still be required).
The 2017/18 Kirkland scholarships are addressed to individuals who represent the following professional groups:
- civil servants, politicians, experts and employees of central and local government institutions
- entrepreneurs, managers
- leaders of non-governmental organizations, animators in culture and civic activity
- academic teachers, researchers
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland are ineligible)
- Master’s degree
- Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project. During the interview candidates are required to speak Polish at least at the B1 level.
- An option to study in English is possible for candidates only from outside Ukraine and Belarus (obligatory is B1 level of English) who select a specific study program with English as the language of instruction (in such cases, at least A1 level of Polish is required).
The deadline of application submission is 1 MARCH 2017! More information on the recruitment conditions and required documents is available on Lane Kirkland Scholarship Program.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: