The Unit of Excellence for Mediterranean Studies coordinated by the Maison Méditerranéenne des Sciences de l’Homme – USR 31253 (Aix-en-Provence) allocates five post-doctoral grants, for a duration of one year renewable once starting 1st October 2017.
The post-doctoral grant amounts to € 2 451 (gross salary) per month.
The submitted research proposals shall focus on the question “How to rethink the Mediterranean today?” and relate to one of the three LabexMed research theme, namely:
- 1. Socio-economic, legal and political processes
- 2. Cultural processes and heritage dynamics – circulation of knowledge and ideas
- 3. Territorial dynamics and man/environment interactions The selected post-doctoral researchers will be hosted in one of the LabexMed Research Units.
Their work will be dedicated in priority to the personal research project submitted in their application form. They will be closely associated to the activities of LabexMed. To that end, they could be offered a complementary mission by the hosting research unit, within the framework of collective LabexMed actions (supporting the coordination and the management of a specific project). The selection of the applicants will be based on the quality of the scientific proposal as well as on the post-doc project and its integration within LabexMed research themes. Depending on the applications two contracts could be reserved for transverse research projects involving two or more of LabexMed’s research units. Such an application should then include one supporting letter from each of the unit concerned.
- PhD obtained after 01/09/2013
- The applicants must have obtained their PhD in a foreign university; if they obtained their PhD in a French University, they must justify of a post-doctoral position abroad.
The deadline for the submission of the full application file is the 6th April 2017 at 4.00 p.m (French time) at the following address: email@example.com An acknowledgment of receipt will be sent to the applicant through email.
The applicants selected for the audition by the eligibility committee will be informed on the 15th May 2017. The audition will take place at the Maison Méditerranéenne des Sciences de l’Homme (Aix-en-Provence) on the 19th June 2017. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: