AHRC PhD studentships at the British Library
- Person Specification
Essential skills, qualities and knowledge
- A first class or upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline. Candidates would also normally be expected to hold a Masters degree in a relevant area by 1st October 2017
- Knowledge of at least one of the following research areas: Modern Russian History, Twentieth-Century Russian Culture, History of the Media and Journalism, Russian Literature
- Knowledge of the Russian language
- Ability to be self-motivated, well-organized, and to respond to constructive criticism.
- Willingness to take a full part in the KCL postgraduate community, and the research activities at KCL and at the BL.
- Familiarity with current scholarship on Russian émigré culture
- Experience of undertaking research in Russian history, cultural history or visual culture
- The AHRC has strict residential eligibility criteria governing the students that can be nominated for this award. If you are not a British citizen and/or not usually resident in the UK (and have not been for the past three years), please check your eligibility with the project supervisors: see the AHRC’s eligibility criteria
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.