SCHOLARSHIPS OF THE ITALIAN GOVERNMENT FOR FOREIGN CITIZENS AND ITALIAN CITIZENS LIVING ABROAD
Pursuant to the provisions of Law 288/55 and subsequent changes and additions and with a view to implementing bilateral cultural agreements and the related Executive Programs, as well as multilateral agreements, intergovernmental Agreements and specific Conventions for supporting Special Internationalization Projects with Universities, Research Institutes and Higher Artistic Training Centres in Italy, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and to Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) for the Academic Year 2017-2018. The aim of these scholarships is to foster international cultural cooperation, spread the knowledge of the Italian language, culture and science, as well as promote the Italian economic and technological system throughout the world.
Scholarships are offered to carry out study, training and research projects in Italian Higher Education Institutes (State-owned institutions or institutions legally recognized by the relevant State authorities).
Courses for which it is possible to apply for a scholarship:
- Second-level University courses (five-year degree/Master of Science) (Laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
- Master’s Degree courses (First and Second Level)
- Ph.D Courses
- Specialisation Schools
- Research under academic supervision
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM); Scuola Internazionale di Liuteria di Cremona; Scuola di Alta Formazione e Studio (SAF) of the Istituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro (ISCR); Scuola Nazionale di Cinema
- Courses of Italian language and culture
- Training/refresher courses for Teachers of Italian language
All Online applications must be submitted by midnight (Italian time) on May 10, 2017.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications shall be sent only electronically, by accessing the "Portale borse online" from the MAECI website. Candidates from Libya can apply only if they were granted a MAECI Scholarship in the academic year 2016-2017. Any renewal or continuation of the scholarship is granted only to the applicants who certify they have passed the exams required for each academic year. For Syria, the selection of candidates who meet the necessary requirements shall be carried out by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Office VII D.G.S.P., through the establishment of a special Committee.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: