The Latin America and the Caribbean region (LAC) encompass a huge diversity of landscapes and ecosystems and is highly heterogeneous in terms of economic development and social and indigenous history. The region faces serious challenges such as climate change and natural disasters; and under conditions of population growth, urbanization and industrialization efficient environmental policies and programs are required to sustainably manage the natural resources. This calls for experts they be familiar with the culture, language and politics of both sides and are skilled in intercultural communication – in short, professionals with lateral understanding and trans-disciplinary approaches for a sustainable development.
In order to apply for the master programme the applicants should at least fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree related to environmental management: natural sciences, engineering sciences, geography, agricultural or social sciences
- A relation to environmental management, either by studies or professional working experience
- Minimum grade of 8.0 based on the Mexican grading system or equivalent
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Proof of Spanish language proficiency (applies to applicants from nationalities that do not have Spanish as their mother language)
- Basic knowledge of German language is an advantage for Mexican and Latin American applicants
- Highly motivated to learn in a multicultural environment
Other specific requirements for DAAD-Scholarship
- Last Academic degree not be more than 6 years old
- Minimum 2 years relevant professional experience after the Bachelor degree
- Proof of current work situation at the time of application
If you fulfill the requirements above, please review the REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION for more detailed information.
Only complete applications will be considered!
The following table contains detailed information on the required documents and how they should be submitted. Please place CLOSE ATTENTION to the information provided and be careful when naming your files. All required documents must be sent via E-mail to the following both email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send hard copies of the application form. Applications sent via email or hard-copy to the DAAD or CONACYT cannot be considered during the selection process.
The ENREM Master Program is the first postgraduate course that was established within the framework of the anchor country strategy of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Mexican National Council for Science and Technology (CONACyT).
Scholarships are provided by:
The Mexican national Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT)
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
There is no additional application required to apply for the scholarships. Scholarship considerations will be evaluated according to specific requirements of the Scholarship donors. Acceptance to the master's program does not guarantee a scholarship. The number of DAAD (full) and CONACYT (partial) scholarships is limited.
CONACYT EXPENSES COVERED
CONACyT will cover ONLY living expenses. All registration fees have to be paid by the students from the scholarship. All other costs associated with the study, such as flight to San Luis Potosí, to Cologne, to the Master Thesis and defense, as well as health insurance for the second year will be the student's responsibility.
Living expenses for Mexican and Latin American scholarship holders:
- Regular Monthly scholarship (beca normal) included Mexican public health insurance for the period of study (maximum 24 months).
- For the 3rd semester in Germany they to get the "beca mixta", an increased amount of additional to the regular monthly scholarships and once small amount for the flight ticket to Germany.
Living expenses for German scholarship holders:
- Regular monthly scholarship (beca normal) included Mexican public health insurance for the first two semesters in Mexico.
- During the 3rd semester in Germany they do not receive scholarship
- For the 4th semester, they can be reactivated the regular monthly scholarship CONACyT, if they to carry out the field research in Mexico or Latin America, and write the master's thesis in Mexico and defense.
Scholarship holders will receive the scholarship contract from CONACyT after to arrive in San Luis Potosí. For more information about the CONACyT scholarship please contact the coordination team of the PMPCA in Mexico.
DAAD EXPENSES COVERED
DAAD will cover living expenses, travel allowance and health insurance for the 2 years. All registration fees have to be paid by the students from the scholarship.
For Mexican and Latin American scholarship holders:
- Regular Monthly scholarship
- German health insurance for the period of study (maximum 24 months).
- Travel allowance for the flight to Mexico, to Cologne, to the Master Thesis defence and back to the home country (depend of DAAD decisions)
For German scholarship holders:
- Regular Monthly scholarship for Mexico during the first, second and fourth semester (only in Mexico or LAC countries).
- During the 3rd semester in Germany they won’t get any scholarship.
- German health insurance during the period in Mexico
- Travel allowance for the flight to San Luis Potosí, to Cologne, to the Master Thesis and back to the home country for defence (depend of DAAD decisions)
Scholarship holders will receive the scholarship contract from DAAD before you arrive in San Luis Potosí. For more information about the scholarship, insurance and subsidies from DAAD as well the procedure and deadline, please contact the ENREM coordination of ITT.