The Embassy of the United States of America in Armenia is pleased to announce the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program competition for 2017‑2018 academic year.
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program awards grants to foreign scholars to conduct post-doctoral research at U.S. universities for an academic year or term.
INTERESTED? HERE’S HOW YOU APPLY
Interested applicants must complete an online application at this website:
Tips for the application process
In using the online application system, you’ll need to first register by creating a user name and a password, and proceed as prompted by the application. Save your data after completing each page. You will be able to log off and return to your application later if you need to complete it over several sittings. All applicants will be able to send online requests for recommendation letters to their recommenders. Please submit your online application ONLY when all information is complete and the supplementary documents are obtained. Once you submit your application, you will not have access to it and will not be able to view it. Only online applications will be considered.
What happens next?
All applications, including references, undergo technical and academic reviews. Candidates who satisfy all requirements will be interviewed by the Embassy Fulbright Selection Committee. The Committee will submit the names of the selected finalists to the Fulbright Board of Foreign Scholarships in the U.S. for final approval. Selected grantees will be notified of final approval when their affiliations at U.S. universities are confirmed in June 2017 and funding is available.
For questions that have not been covered on the website and this announcement, email us at email@example.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the selection criteria? The following factors are considered: professional qualifications, research proposal (quality, feasibility), how the acquired knowledge will be used upon return, English language competence, need for the project to be undertaken in the United States, quality of references. Preference will be given to candidates with little or no previous experience in the United States.
- What are the basic benefits included in the scholarship? Round trip international airfare, monthly stipend, book allowance, and a settling-in allowance, and participation in Fulbright enrichment activities.
- Can family members accompany me?
Yes, but you will be financially responsible for them.
- Do I have to arrange university placement in the United States? It is recommended that you submit a letter of invitation from a U.S. university in your application package. If you don't know where your project can be accomplished, the affiliation will be arranged by one of the Fulbright administering agencies.
- How should I provide my references? References should be provided online together with the application. A request for a reference letter is sent to the recommender through the online system and is received by the program coordinator at the U.S. Embassy. You will receive a notification when the recommendation letter is submitted.
- How should I electronically sign the application?
Please leave the “Electronic Signature” blank.
- Am I required to provide supplemental forms? No additional forms are necessary. No need for any printed documents to be brought to the Embassy.
The application form requires to contact the Embassy before starting the online application. Is this requirement strict? No, there is no necessity to contact the Embassy to start the application.