Undergraduate Bursaries and Scholarships 2017/18 Entry
Northumbria University is committed to supporting EU students with outstanding academic ability. Scholarships available for students joining an Undergraduate programme in academic year 2017/18 are outlined below.
EU Undergraduate Academic Excellence Scholarships
The University will offer awards of £2,000 to students from EU member states who meet specific academic criteria and successfully enrol on a full-time Undergraduate programme at the University. The scheme is only open to students who hold an offer for a Northumbria Undergraduate programme. To obtain an offer students must ensure they apply by the UCAS deadline of 15th January 2017.
I am Northumbria Global Scholarship
This new award will give 5 EU Undergraduate students a scholarship covering all tuition fees during Year 1 of their studies at Northumbria. Only students who hold an offer for an Undergraduate programme starting in September 2017 will be able to compete for one of these high value scholarships. Please ensure you apply through UCAS by 15th January 2017 to be eligible to enter.
Please note the following students will not be eligible to receive a Northumbria Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- Students funded by the NHS
- Students undertaking PGCE courses leading to QTS
- Students continuing directly from one course to another (eg from Foundation Degrees, Diploma of Higher Education, BTEC HND to the second, third or final year of an Honours degree).
- Students with Access to HE Diplomas
- Students transferring in from another institution
- Students who do not meet the definition of a EU Home fee status student as specified above.
- If you owe the University tuition fees or have other outstanding debt during any year of study then payment will not be made until the debt is cleared and you may be withdrawn from the scheme.
Home – students who are ordinarily resident in a European Union (EU) nation are normally eligible to pay the same fees as students who are ordinarily resident in the UK, often referred to as ‘Home’ fees. Further information can be found by referring to the UKCISA website.
Scholarship – a financial award given to students who meet the academic threshold as determined by the scheme.
Team Northumbria Athlete Scholarships
Here at Northumbria University, we are committed to raising the bar and helping you realise your ambitions as a performance athlete.
Along with excellent scholarship packages which can offer funding towards accommodation and fees, we can also provide a range of support packages offering up to £2,000 of support for Performance Athletes.
For more official information click "Further official information" below.