Undergraduate Bursaries and Scholarships 2017/18 Entry
Northumbria University is committed to supporting EU students with outstanding academic ability. Scholarships available for students joining an Undergraduate programme in academic year 2017/18 are outlined below.
EU Undergraduate Academic Excellence Scholarships
The University will offer awards of £2,000 to students from EU member states who meet specific academic criteria and successfully enrol on a full-time Undergraduate programme at the University. The scheme is only open to students who hold an offer for a Northumbria Undergraduate programme. To obtain an offer students must ensure they apply by the UCAS deadline of 15th January 2017.
I am Northumbria Global Scholarship
This new award will give 5 EU Undergraduate students a scholarship covering all tuition fees during Year 1 of their studies at Northumbria. Only students who hold an offer for an Undergraduate programme starting in September 2017 will be able to compete for one of these high value scholarships. Please ensure you apply through UCAS by 15th January 2017 to be eligible to enter.
Terms and Conditions
In addition to achieving the necessary level of qualifications all students must:
- Make an application to Northumbria University via the UCAS main scheme (and choose us as your firm choice), Extra,
- Adjustment or Clearing and be made an offer of a place.
- Be studying on a full-time basis and paying standard Home tuition fees of £9,000 per year of study.
- Be ordinarily resident in an European Union (EU) nation outwith the UK and Home for the purposes of fees.
- Enrol with Northumbria University on or before the enrolment deadline (anticipated to be 3rd October 2016).
- Be applying and studying for their first Higher Education qualification.
- Register with Student Finance England (SFE)
Registering with Student Finance England (SFE) does not commit you to incur a loan or any other commitment unless you wish to do so. However, it will not be possible for the University to make scholarship payments until you are fully registered with SFE. This process will take a minimum of 6 weeks but can often take longer. SFE will administer payment of the academic scholarship on behalf of the University. Payment will be made direct to your bank account. You will receive 25% in November, 25% in February and 50% in May.
Please note the following students will not be eligible to receive a Northumbria Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- Students funded by the NHS
- Students undertaking PGCE courses leading to QTS
- Students continuing directly from one course to another (eg from Foundation Degrees, Diploma of Higher Education, BTEC HND to the second, third or final year of an Honours degree).
- Students with Access to HE Diplomas
- Students transferring in from another institution
- Students who do not meet the definition of a EU Home fee status student as specified above.
- If you owe the University tuition fees or have other outstanding debt during any year of study then payment will not be made until the debt is cleared and you may be withdrawn from the scheme.
Home – students who are ordinarily resident in a European Union (EU) nation are normally eligible to pay the same fees as students who are ordinarily resident in the UK, often referred to as ‘Home’ fees. Further information can be found by referring to the UKCISA website.
Scholarship – a financial award given to students who meet the academic threshold as determined by the scheme.
Team Northumbria Athlete Scholarships
Here at Northumbria University, we are committed to raising the bar and helping you realise your ambitions as a performance athlete.
Along with excellent scholarship packages which can offer funding towards accommodation and fees, we can also provide a range of support packages offering up to £2,000 of support for Performance Athletes.
For more official information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: