Purpose of the Full Scholarship at ISRA
The Shari'ah Scholarship Award is part of the Fund for Shari'ah Scholars in Islamic Finance, which was established to enhance knowledge and research, strengthen talents, and encourage intellectual discourse in the field of Shari'ah in Islamic Finance. The Fund represents Bank Negara Malaysia's (BNM) commitment towards strengthening the development of the Islamic finance industry.
The application is open to all nationalities pursuing postgraduate studies (Master’s or Doctoral) in the field of Shari'ah or Islamic finance at recognized institutions of higher learning in Malaysia.
- Obtained a Bachelor Degree in Shari’ah from recognised local or international universities (Bachelor degree in Shari’ah, Muamalat, Jurisprudence, Islamic Law, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh or its equivalent);
- Obtained an offer to pursue or is currently pursuing Master’s or Doctoral studies in Shari'ah, Islamic finance or its equivalent in a full-time mode;
- Obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale), 4.0 (on a 5.0 scale), 80% (on a 100% point scale), pass with distinction or its equivalent;
- Fulfilled or passed language proficiency requirements specified by the programme;
- Applicants should NOT be in receipt of any other scholarship award or financial assistance.
- Academic tuition fees - excluding registration or entrance fee, refundable deposit, personal bond and accommodation;
- Subsistence allowance;
- Book allowance
- Equipment allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis/end of study allowance
- Maximum scholarship coverage for a Master’s student is two (2) years.
- Maximum scholarship coverage for a PhD student is three (3) years.
What is Required?
- Application form;
- A copy of letter of offer; an official letter of admission from the institution of higher learning confirming your placement at the institution;
- A copy of academic certificates and full transcripts - Bachelor and/or Master’s degree;
- A photocopy of personal identification / passport;
- Two letters of recommendation from referees;
- A copy of thesis proposal - applicable for programme by researcher coursework & research.
For more detailed information please click on "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: