The Embassy of the United States of America in Armenia is pleased to announce theFulbright Foreign Student Program 2017 competition, for students pursuing a Master’s Degree in the U.S. during the 2017-2018 academic year.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program awards grants to students to conduct Master’s Degree studies at U.S. universities. These studies will be funded for one year, pending: a successful application for a J-1 visa; receipt of medical clearance; successful academic placement at a U.S. institution of higher education by the Institute for International Education (IIE); and availability of funds.
INTERESTED? HERE’S HOW YOU APPLY:
Interested applicants must complete an online application at this website:
You’ll need to have these items ready before you begin the online application process:
1.A personal statement describing why you want to study in the U.S.
2.A Field of Study essay describing your academic goals
3.Three people who will submit a letter of recommendation for you. These should be people who can speak to your academic abilities and professional goals.
4.If you have them, your most recent test scores for the TOEFL and/or GRE. (if you don’t have these, you can still apply—the Embassy will arrange testing for you if you are selected as one of the final candidates.
Tips for the application process:
In using the online application system, you’ll need to first register by creating a user name and a password, and proceed as prompted by the application. Save your dataafter completing each page. You will be able to log off and return to your application later if you need to complete it over several sittings. All applicants will be able to send online requests for recommendation letters to their recommenders. Please submit your online application ONLY when all information is complete and the supplementary documents are obtained. Once you submit your application, you will not have access to it and will not be able to view it. Only online applications will be considered.
What happens next?
All applications, including references, undergo technical and academic reviews. Candidates who satisfy all requirements will be interviewed by the Embassy Fulbright Selection Committee. The Committee will submit the names of the selected finalists to the Fulbright Board of Foreign Scholarships in the U.S. for final approval. Selected grantees will be notified of final approval when their affiliations at U.S. universities are confirmed in June 2017 and funding is available.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the selection criteria? The following factors are considered: professional qualifications, research proposal (quality, feasibility), how the acquired knowledge will be used upon return, English language competence, need for the project to be undertaken in the United States, quality of references. Preference will be given to candidates with little or no previous experience in the United States.
- What are the basic benefits included in the scholarship? Round-tripinternational travel; tuition at your U.S. university; a monthly stipend for up to 12 months; supplemental health and accident coverage; a book and materials allowance; and participation in Fulbright enrichment activities.
- Can family members accompany me?
- Yes, but you will be financially responsible for them.
- Do I have to arrange university placement in the United States? The Institute of International Education (IIE) is responsible for placing Fulbright Visiting Students at universities. IIE works hard to ensure the best placement available for your field of study, research interests and qualifications. IIE considers factors such as appropriateness of program and institution for the student, availability of financial assistance, and diversity in terms of type of institution and geographic location in their placement recommendation. You may indicate your own preference on your application, if you wish.
- How should I provide my references? References should be provided online together with the application. A request for a reference letter is sent to the recommender through the online system and is received by the program coordinator at the U.S. Embassy. You will receive a notification when the recommendation letter is submitted.
- How should I electronically sign the application?