Qualified candidates should have excellent grant writing skills and deep knowledge of grant management process. Primary responsibilities include preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of responsible professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to various grant opportunities.
The incumbent must possess excellent writing and computer skills and database management skills. The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities; comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify new funding opportunities.
- Identify diversified funding opportunities and grant sources to match FAST’s priorities, using research tools;
- Coordinate proposals with the strategic roadmap and mission of the Foundation;
- Prepare, and maintain updated internal assessments of projects and initiatives requiring funding resources;
- Implement research strategies, tactics and tools for the development of grants for submission;
- Develop and prepare grant applications including writing/amending program descriptions and compiling required data;
- Generate revenues for programs through timely submission of well-researched, well written and well-documented grant/fundraising proposals;
- Initiate and maintain communication with relevant parties internally and externally;
- Develop procedures and systems to maintain and archive all internal documents and documentation related to assigned grants, including drafts, originals and subsequent versions of contracts, proposals, general communication, technical documents, white papers, policies and procedures, guidelines, agendas, plans and programs, meeting minutes, etc.;
- Maintain a high level of awareness of current trends, methods, strategies, and applicable technologies;
- Evaluate and recommend potential technologies, tools and data sources for data research to support grant application and report preparation;
- Prepare monthly reports/summaries on status of grants;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years related experience in grant writing and contract administration;
- Excellent knowledge of document management systems and successful grant writing strategies;
- Proven track record in securing new funding opportunities;
- Ability to maintain high work standards under minimal supervision;
- Ability to analyze and present data effectively;
- Ability to provide relevant research results in a timely and easily understood manner;
- Ability to provide database management skills;
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Sheets and Cloud Storage,
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and extreme attention to detail;
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections;
- Excellent English, Armenian, and Russian written and verbal communication skills;
- Expert level of analytical skills with attention to detail.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the position “Grant Writer” in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia.
FAST aims to revive the country’s strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem.
One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 25, 2018
Note: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.