The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering. Winners of the fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year, and up to $5,000 in conference travel support. Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student's research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters. While open to students in any year of PhD study, heavy emphasis on research and publication record favors students who are further along in their course of study.
- August 1, 2016: 2016 Fellowship program application open (Application can be found in the "Further official information") linke below the article.
- November 1, 2016, 6:00pm PST: Completed applications with reference letters due
Fellowship Award includes
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
- Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present research.
- Opportunity for a paid internship at Facebook.
We are accepting applications from students with research related to one of the following areas
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Vision
- Connectivity Hardware
- Data Mining
- Distributed Systems, Networking & Operating Systems
- Economics & Computation
- Electrical Engineering
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing & Speech Technologies
- Programming Languages & Compilers
- Security & Privacy
- Social Computing
- Software Engineering
For more information click "Further official information" below.