The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for
1 Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in International and European Law (M/F) with the specialisation in space law and the law of satellite communication.
- Ref: F2-060006 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
- 14 months fixed-term contract, (renewable up to a total of 36 months maximum)
- Student and employee status
- The doctoral candidate will be working within the Research Unit of Law
- The doctoral candidate is expected to contribute to research projects in the area of space law and the law of space communication. Particular interest in the ITU and/or European Framework for Electronic Communications would be an asset
- The candidate’s main task will be to prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of space law and/ or the law of space communication, under the supervision of Professor Dr. Mahulena Hofmann (SES Chair in Space, SatCom and Media Law). The thesis has to be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be part of a joint supervision with another university
- In the course of the contract, the candidate shall use the best efforts to obtain a third-party financing (e.g. FNR) for the doctoral studies
- In the framework of the contribution to research projects in the area of space law and the law of space communication, the candidate shall assist in editing the publications issued by the Chair and participate in the organisation of research workshops
- She/he will also contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials (e.g. moot court)
Closing date: 5 February 2016