The World Congress for Korean Politics and Society 2017
"Rebuilding Trust in Peace and Democracy"
The Korean Political Science Association (KPSA) is pleased to host its biennial international conference under the auspices of ‘The World Congress for Korean Politics and Society’. The 2017 World Congress will be held from June 22(Thu) to June 24(Sat) at Yonsei University Campus.
The World Congress for Korean Politics and Society has served over decades as a major vehicle through which scholars, policymakers, and students exchange and share their critical insights and innovative ideas for Korean politics and international relations.
The main theme of the Congress is "Rebuilding Trust in Peace and Democracy." We propose this theme in the context of our urgent needs to address the crisis of democracy in Korea as well as conflict-laden international relations surrounding the Korean Peninsula. Given that the restoration of peace and democracy resonates across the globe, we hope that the Korean case offers a starting point to move a serious global dialogue forward.
The Congress will bring together distinguished scholars to Seoul for three days to collectively investigate the issues and problems broadly related to the main theme of the Congress. We welcome submissions of papers, full-panel, and round-table proposals for the following sub-themes such as:
- Global Governance and Peace for the Korean Peninsula
- Democracy and Korea
- Korea and Peace in East Asia
- Local Politics in Korea
- Political Thoughts on Democracy
- Ocean Peace
- North Korean Issues
- Electoral and Legislative Politics in Korea
- Korean Political Economy
- Multicultural Issues in Korea
- Issues in Research Methodology
This exemplary list of sub-themes is neither exhaustive nor exclusive; any panel or paper concerning issues of Korean Politics shall be given utmost attention, as long as it covers topics under the broad banner of “Rebuilding Trust in Peace and Democracy."
- Language: papers for presentation can be written either in English or in Korean. Please indicate whether you wish to participate in an English panel or a Korean panel. Additionally, upon request, panels in Chinese and Japanese can be supported.
- Accommodation: The KPSA will cover up to three nights of accommodation for all participants from abroad without charges at Yonsei University. Meals (lunch and dinner) will be provided each day during the conference
- Contact: for proposal submission, panel suggestion, accommodation application, and conference registration, please visit our website. For further queries, please contact Program Director at email@example.com.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: