The College of Science is offering £3,000 scholarships to UK/EU applicants only for postgraduate taught science programmes. These are for September 2017 entry.
Please note that before you apply for this scholarship you MUST have applied for one of the courses below and have an offer from us for a place on that course.
The following programmes are eligible:
- MSc Environmental Biology: Conservation and Resource Management
- MRes Biosciences
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc Advanced Computer Science
- MSc Advanced Software Technology
- MRes Computing and Future Interaction Technologies
- MRes Logic and Computation
- MRes Visual Computing
- MSc Environmental Dynamics and Climate Change
- MSc Geographic Information and Climate Change
- MSc Mathematics and Computing for Finance
- MRes Stochastic Processes: Theory and Application
- MSc High Performance and Scientific Computing
- Scholarships are available only to new postgraduate taught applicants who are UK/EU students
- Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a 2.1 degree (or equivalent)
- Applicants should have already applied formally to the University for a place on one of College's postgraduate programmes.
- Information regarding the application procedure can be found on the Admissions Office website
- Applicants must enrol on a course in the College for the first time in September 2017
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application after 1st July 2017; successful applicants must confirm acceptance of their scholarship
- Scholarship holders are expected to cooperate with the College's recruitment activities
- If it is deemed necessary for a scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis
- If in view of the Head of College a scholarship holder's progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the scholarship may be withdrawn. A scholarship may also be withdrawn on grounds of failure to comply with any of the conditions attached to the award. The candidate may be required to repay to the College any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the College. If the scholar feels that such a withdrawal is unjustified, s/he may appeal in writing to the
- Head of College within 15 working days of the date of notification.
- The College of Science reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other
- Regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final
Each scholarship is to be offset against international tuition fees. The value of individual scholarships is as follows:
To apply for a College of Science Postgraduate Scholarship, please download and complete the following application form and return it.
Closing date: Friday 21 July 2017
Please note that the application must be fully completed with no fields left blank or your application will not be considered.
If you have any queries, please contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click "Further official information" below.