The Club 21 Scholarship was established in 2012 in celebration of Club 21's 40th Anniversary. It is a bond-free merit scholarship intended to support outstanding undergraduate or graduate students pursuing any field relevant to a career in the fashion and retail management industries.
The Club 21 Scholar is one who embodies exceptional personal vision, drive and potential. He/She possesses passion and potential to succeed in their own careers as well as the commitment to give back to the community through public education, teaching, mentorship and leadership.
1. The Club 21 Scholarship (Scholarship) is allocated for a maximum of 3 years for bachelor programmes and 2 years for graduate programmes. At the absolute discretion of the Selection Committee, the Scholarship may be extended by one year, upon application, for those pursuing an honours or thesis year and whose progress is deemed satisfactory.
2. There is no bond attached to the Scholarship.
1. Selection interviews in person or on Skype will be conducted from April onward
2. All shortlisted candidates will be informed of the results of their interviews by the end of July.
3. The awards will be made by the Selection Committee appointed by, and including, the management of Club 21.
4. Club 21 reserves the right to discretion on scholarship eligibility, the value of each scholarship awarded, up to SGD $10,000 SGD per annum and other aspects of the Scholarship programme at any time and at its absolute discretion.
5. The Selection Committee's decisions are final and no appeals will be entertained. The Selection Committee reserves the right not to award any scholarship in a given year.
Award of Scholarship
1. The Scholarship is granted for a specific course of study at an educational institution as approved by Club 21, not to the Scholar at large. Club 21 reserves the right to revoke or discontinue the Scholarship if the Scholar chooses to change his or her course of study or educational institution. The Scholar, however, may apply to transfer the Scholarship to support a new course of study. See clauses 11-13 below.
2. If awarded prior to the commencement of a course of study, the disbursement of the Scholarship is contingent upon admission to that course of study and not payable until studies commence.
3. The Scholar must commence his or her course of study within 12 months of scholarship being awarded.
4. The Scholarship will be disbursed in annual tranches at the start of each academic year, upon confirmation of admission in the first year, and upon the submission of an annual report and satisfactory performance in the previous year for subsequent years ("Renewal Criteria").
1. The recipient of the Club 21 Scholarship (the Scholar) must comply with the admission and enrollment requirements in respect of the chosen study programme. The Scholar remains personally responsible for all tuition fees, living and other expenses. The Scholar is personally responsible for complying with all administrative requirements, including visas and fee payments, associated with the course of study.
2. Applicants must obtain prior approval from Club 21 before applying to any other form of aid such as grants, bursaries and scholarships that will run concurrently with the Club 21 Scholarship. If applying for such awards, applicants must also inform the respective awarding bodies of other such awards of their status as a Club 21 Scholar at the application stage.
Change or withdrawal from Course of Study
1. In the event that the Scholar takes a leave of absence from his or her approved course of study within the approved institution, the Scholar must immediately inform Club 21 and the Scholarship will be suspended. Reinstatement of the Scholarship will be at the discretion of Club 21. The Scholar may be required to reimburse Club 21 for that year's disbursement, pro-rated on a term or month basis.
2. In the event that the Scholar decides to withdraw from the approved course of study, the Scholar must immediately inform Club 21 and the Scholarship will be revoked. The Scholar may be required to reimburse Club 21 for that year's disbursement, pro-rated on a term or month basis. The Scholar, however, may apply to transfer the Scholarship to support a new course of study.
3. In the event that the Scholar changes course of study or educational institution, the Scholar must immediately inform Club 21 and may apply for continued support. The Scholarship will be suspended during the course of this application, and continued support for the new course of study or study in new educational institution is not guaranteed and at the discretion of Club 21. The Scholar may be required to reimburse Club 21 for that year's disbursement, pro-rated on a term or month basis.
Withdrawal of Scholarship
1. The intent of the Club 21 Scholarship is to help outstanding students excel. As such, the decision to suspend or revoke a scholarship is not taken lightly, nor mechanically. At the same time, the scholarship is a gift and statement of support for individuals who demonstrate the potential to succeed and to set a worthwhile example of academic and personal integrity. Club 21 reserves the right to suspend or terminate a scholarship if:
a. The Scholar provided false or misleading information in his or her application.
b. The Scholar is subject to disciplinary action at the educational institution where he or she is pursuing the approved course of study.
c. The Scholar cannot meet the continuation requirements for the approved course of study.
d. The Scholar engages in any conduct that might bring Club 21 or any of its affiliated companies into disrepute.
a. Automatically receiving and recording information from your browser on our server logs including but not limited to your Internet protocol address, cookie information and the page you requested. Should you wish to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
b. Sharing your Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies worldwide or third-party service providers. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, Club 21 may also disclose the Personal Information to any relevant regulatory body or pursuant to a court order.
Your Personal Information will not be sold, transferred or otherwise conveyed to unaffiliated third parties or third parties who are not service providers without your approval at the time of collection.
By submitting an application, all candidates agree that, if selected, their name and image may be included in Club 21 materials including web sites, press releases, and other media.