Scholarship and Study in a US and European Accredited MA Program
Want to see behind today’s most pressing issues of nationalism?
Apply by January 31 for a scholarship and study in a US and European accredited MA program at a bi-campus university in Budapest and Vienna. Take a look at our award winning Budapest campus including the unique library, and our dormitory. Be part of our diverse student body taught by an international faculty
Founded by Ernest Gellner, CEU’s Nationalism Studies Program is one of the few programs in the world dedicated to the study of nationalism, migration, populist politics, ethnic conflict, prejudice, self-determination, populism, minority protection, and language and citizenship rights.
Fostering critical and cross-discipline approaches, our international faculty brings together a wide spectrum of expertise, such as political science, history, sociology, international relations, anthropology, social theory, social psychology and legal studies.
You will receive advanced methodological training in applied social sciences, and benefit from research opportunities, conferences and lectures, as well as field trips and study visits.
- CEU Master’s Scholarships: 100% of the tuition fee, health insurance; a monthly stipend of HUF 96,000 (approx. EUR 310) or HUF 50,000 (approx. EUR 160)
- CEU Master's Tuition Award: up to 100% of the tuition fee; health insurance for the official duration of the program
What you will study
- The global challenge of migration
- Populism and right-wing politics
- The sociology and social psychology of ethnic prejudice
- Transnational citizenship and diasporas
- Nationalist politics and democracy
- Anthropological approaches to race and ethnicity
- Religious nationalism
- Self-determination and international minority protection
- Jews and Roma in comparative perspective
- Nationalism in Southeastern Europe
Students with previous studies in all fields of humanities and social sciences (including philosophy, sociology, anthropology, history, political science, psychology, languages, journalism, public policy) are welcome to apply.
MA Entry Requirements:
1. Completed online CEU Application
2. Letters of recommendation
3. Academic records
4. A full curriculum vitae or resume, including a list of publications, if any
5. Proof of English proficiency