ARTES Coll & Cortés Scholarships for PhD or post-doc students in Spain, Portugal or Latin America
ARTES is delighted to announce that thanks to the generosity of art dealers Coll & Cortés, we are now able to award a £3000 scholarship for PhD students or post-doctoral scholars in Spain, Portugal or Latin America who wish to conduct research in the UK, and who are working on any aspect of Spanish, Portuguese or Latin American visual culture before 1800. Doctoral students or those who received their doctorate less than four years before the application deadline may apply for this scholarship provided that they were or are registered for doctoral study at a university in Spain, Portugal or Latin America. The deadline for applications is 31st January each year. Scholarship winners will be informed by 1st March, and are invited to attend a ceremony in London in July. Please read the guidelines below.
- Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria: Originality of research, significance of research, feasibility of successful completion, academic rigour (command of the field, spelling, fluency etc), potential of the applicant (an assessment of the strength of the CV, taking into account the student’s current status), financial need, value for money, strength of reference, necessity of travel.
- Successful scholarship winners will be informed by 1st March, and are invited to attend a presentation ceremony at the Spanish Embassy in London in July. They are required to write a 600-word report on their funded research project, to be sent to email@example.com within nine months of receipt of the scholarship.
- Any publications arising from research supported by these scholarships should include acknowledgement of ARTES.
- The scholarships come with no institutional affiliation, and ARTES and Coll & Cortés cannot take responsibility for the support or welfare of scholarship holders.
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee shall be final. The Committee reserves the right to make no awards in cases where it deems that applications are not of satisfactory quality. Coll & Cortés and Artes accept no legal responsibility to any applicant or third party arising from this notice, or the award or otherwise of a scholarship. The Scholarship Committee will not enter into correspondence with unsuccessful applicants or their academic advisors regarding its decisions.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.