About the Award
The Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for Dialogue between Cultures (ALF) and Fondazione Mediterraneo (FM), are launching the 11th Edition of the Euro-Mediterranean Award for Dialogue Between Cultures. This annual Award, which is bestowed by the 42 ALF National Networks, recognises the achievements of individuals and organisations that have been at the forefront of promoting Dialogue in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
Candidates for the Award can be proposed either as an individual or as an organisation, and must bear the nationality of/ be registered in one of the 42 member countries of the Euro-Med Partnership. As youth, women and minorities are the key target groups of the Foundation’s work, special attention will be given to candidates who have actively worked or implemented projects with these groups.
The selection of the winner of the Euro-Med Award is a participatory process which involves the Heads of the Networks, Network members and non-members. The shortlist of the three (3) finalists for the Award is carried out by the Jury, while the final selection of the winner of the award is carried out by the EuroMed Award Committee.
For the eleventh edition, the selection process will be as follows:
• National Network Members and non-members from 42 countries nominate candidates for the Award according to the nomination criteria;
• Based on the nomination proposals submitted, a preliminary screening of applications shall be done by the ALF Secretariat, in order to exclude irrelevant nominations/incomplete applications;
• The Jury shall prepare a short list of three (3) candidates to be submitted to the attention of the EuroMed Award Committee;
• The EuroMed Award Committee shall announce the results of the election;
• The winner shall receive a financial contribution of 5,000 EUR in recognition of their work for Intercultural Dialogue in the EuroMed region and a trophy, to be delivered by the EuroMed Award Board in a bestowing ceremony.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.