The Laboratory of Social and Cultural Digital Documentation of the Department of Sociology of the University of the Aegean, invites you to the 3rd Summer Laboratory School: Qualitative Methods Applied Social Research and Mental Health.
The last two decades have seen a shift in discourse and analysis within the post-structuralist epistemological context. In this epistemological context, social reality is constructed through linguistic acts that mediate the cultural and social meanings of a time and a certain historical period. The proposed summer school echoes this shift in epistemology that focuses on understanding social phenomena through the analysis of speech and narrative. Training in these methods of qualitative analysis creates a corridor of access to the experience and direct or indirect experience of the subject.
The goals of the summer school are:
- an understanding of the nature of social reality and the basic principles of qualitative social research methodology;
- the supervision of the field of qualitative methods in the concentration of empirical material and research planning in applied social research;
- the training of the participants / subjects in the organization of focus group discussions, and the narrative method of collecting empirical material;
- techniques for classifying and coding qualitative research data with emphasis on thematic analysis and discourse analysis;
- raising awareness and consolidating ethical practices in social and clinical research.
Summer lectures and workshops will focus on narrative analysis, discourse analysis, focus group discussions, as well as research planning and epistemology.
The attendance of the Summer Laboratory School corresponds to 2 Credits (ECTS)
The application for registration will be evaluated by the scientific-organizing committee, which will inform the selected ones in a timely manner.
The participants who will be selected in the Summer School will pay for their participation the amount of 250 euros.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.