Students should come prepared to participate and contribute their lived experiences. The goal is to cultivate a deeper appreciation for student voices in the field of civic education by facilitating student-led discussions.
This is a paid fellowship opportunity. Selected students will be required to:
- Adhere to the Student Code of Conduct
- Attend our virtual August 2022 Orientation
- Attend our in-person Washington DC Convening in early October 2022
Attend semi-monthly virtual online cohort meetings starting with:
- Meeting 1 on August 28, 2022
- Meeting 2 on September 18, 2022
- Further dates to be determined
- Create, lead, and engage in student campaigns
- Participate in engagements as assigned
- Serve as a youth ambassadors for equity in civic education
- Attend and participate in the end of program event (May 2023)
- Create and distribute a youth survey to gather perspectives of their peers
- Create and publish a digital media project on a civic learning issue present in their community
- Blog, slideshow, infographic, video, etc
- Collaborate with other Fellows to create a Public Service Announcement on the state of civic education from students' perspectives.
- Lead, build, and participate in various social media activities
Students should expect a commitment of 5-10 hours a month. Students that complete all program requirements and adhere to the student code of conduct will receive a stipend throughout the program.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.