Women are the section of society who have faced discrimination since time immemorial. This has often led to not letting them get educated, become independent, and prone to becoming victims of various criminal activities.
Applications are open for VALUE4HER Women Agripreneur of the Year Awards – WAYA 2022. The awards are awarded to recognize African women agripreneurs who have attained success in the agricultural value chain and exhibited outstanding corporate innovation by impacting food security, climate resilience, and women’s and youth empowerment.
VALUE4HER is AGRA’s continental program to improve women’s agricultural firms and raise their participation and activism across Africa. The initiative aims to improve the performance of women entrepreneurs by providing them with access to markets and trade, finance and investments, tailored online and offline matchmaking activities, learning, networking, and global advocacy aimed at addressing some of the key barriers to women’s business growth and market participation in agriculture.
FellowshipWAYA includes three categories where it gives awards:
- Young Female Agripreneur
- Outstanding Value Adding Enterprise
- Female Agriculture Technology Innovator
Accordingly, three women agripreneurs will receive a $20000 cash prize each.
- Applicants must be operating in the agribusiness/agriculture value chain.
- Have an innovative product.
- Must be a national from one of the 54 African countries.
- Have a strong digital footprint and be a VALUE4HER member.
- Should be a remarkable community leader raising a voice for women’s activism.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.